Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

GS specific food for other breeds?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odysseus

Odysseus

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-03

GS specific food for other breeds? Empty
PostSubject: GS specific food for other breeds?   GS specific food for other breeds? Icon_minipostedSun Jan 06, 2008 12:52 am

Does any one more knowledgeable than me know whether or not a breed specific formula for a gsd would be harmful or insufficient for a different breed of dog?

I am getting Odie a sibling. He is just so much happier when there is another dog around. I would love another gsd but for financial reasons at the moment I must go smaller. I am looking in the 25-40 lb range (~35 ideally). This means it won't be a gsd but Odie is on Royal Canin GS because of his tummy issues. It would be great to feed them the same but I can feed them different foods. Odie pecks at his food all day tho. I tried putting it down and taking it up and he went two days without eating as a 8 mo old pup... I just wasn't willing to not let a growing dog eat. This means that the other pup could get into his food so this is just a concern/ curiosity! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: GS specific food for other breeds?   GS specific food for other breeds? Icon_minipostedSun Jan 06, 2008 1:21 pm

OMG Odie that is awesome, maybe you get find a GSD cross, and then you could keep him on the same food? just a thought. Good luck in the search though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
sheplovr

sheplovr

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: GS specific food for other breeds?   GS specific food for other breeds? Icon_minipostedTue Jan 08, 2008 11:57 am

Have you tried warm water in the kibble and stir to bring up the flavor.? Maybe add a little bit of low sodium cottage cheese to get him on track?
I personally do not know of a specific brand made for GSD's, but Royal Canine is not junk like many are.
I use Pro Plan on Some, Some I feed Innova. Depends on the dog. Most of mine are pigs, eat their dinner readily.
I had a female will little color bought in States Of couse some years back. She was put on Flint River Ranch for sensative skin. She did not have allergeries, just light skin like some people are sooo fair they can barely get out in the sun? She hated it, and it looked like pieces of card board. Cost as much to ship it as it cost, I slowly just added it in my big Rubbermaid containers of feed, they soon ate it without knowing much. I will not waste it is just too expensive.
Nutro makes a sensative stomach food. Never tried any of that kind but many brands make many kinds and yes it costs too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vomschreknhaus.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GS specific food for other breeds?   GS specific food for other breeds? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

GS specific food for other breeds?
Page 1 of 1