Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?

Go down 
+4
rexandbaby
Questdriven
GSDManiac
TravisGSD
8 posters
AuthorMessage
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Empty
PostSubject: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 7:41 pm

What I personally like to see in a GSD is a big blocky head, dark sable coat, nice flat topline and out of Working Lines. A dog that resembles the original standard as much as possible.

My next pup [provided I don't decide to rescue] will be from a wonderful Working Line breeder her in SoCal. I've spoken to her through email as well as on the phone. She has exactly the type of dogs I love.

So, what kind of GSD do you like to see?
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 7:48 pm

Well...

I like flat toplines, also. I prefer the black and reds or tans, and I prefer the... I don't know how to explain it... 'Thinner' heads? I don't know... Not like pointy. I prefer it if they have enough of a stop, but not too defined.

I like them slim, and plush or long coated.

Congradulations on getting the new pup! When do you reccon you'll get him/her?
Back to top Go down
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 8:03 pm

He'll likely be added once I move out of my parents house. [Which will hopefully be sometime this year]. And ofcourse once a litter from the Dog and Bitch I like is available. :] I still have a bit longer to wait.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 27, 2008 8:31 pm

I like kinds kind of like Cookie, but that would be a bit more show quality and have a strong herding drive.
You know, TravisGSD, some of those pictures of Travis really remind me of the Webkinz German Shepherd. Not in color, but in shape.
Just in case you don't know what a Webkinz is, it's a stuffed animal that comes with a secret code which you can use to play on webkinz.com.
Here's the Webkinz German Shepherd:
Photobucket
See what I mean?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 7:23 am

Razz
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 10:49 am

That does look a tad like Travis xD
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 12:55 pm

hmm idk, Gideon is pretty great. Maybe one with less black. Less big too. He is growing so fast that we have to get him medication because his joints hurt him, but he is my love so!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
AnimalMommy

AnimalMommy

Number of posts : 149

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedFri Mar 28, 2008 4:40 pm

I like stocky builds. I'm not a fan of the showlines were they are slim and yuck. (No offense to anyone)

So, ya, I like a stockier, heavy build. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 29, 2008 7:18 am

I have always loved the working lines, I don't like the slope back of the show lines.
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 29, 2008 8:20 am

Actualy, myself, am not a fan of the stocky ones x)
Back to top Go down
sheplovr

sheplovr

Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedThu Feb 12, 2009 12:21 pm

I DO NOT THINK ANY OF YOU KNOW THE TRUE CONFIRMATION OF A GOOD GERMAN SHEPHERD. YOU DO NOT WANT A FINE HEAD. YOU WANT LARGE BONES, CROUP THAT DOES NOT SLOP LIKE A RUNNING CREED. STRONG READ, LEGS, DARK DARK EYES, EARS SET WELL ON TOP THE HEAD. BLACK MASK AS WELL AS SADDLEBACK AND TAIL. RED PIGMENT IF PREFERRED. TOES TOGETHER, NOT SPLAYED. TAIL THAT HANGS NATURALLY CLOSE, NOT ON THE SIDE OR UP IN A CURL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vomschreknhaus.com
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedFri Feb 13, 2009 3:26 pm

sheplovr wrote:
I DO NOT THINK ANY OF YOU KNOW THE TRUE CONFIRMATION OF A GOOD GERMAN SHEPHERD. YOU DO NOT WANT A FINE HEAD. YOU WANT LARGE BONES, CROUP THAT DOES NOT SLOP LIKE A RUNNING CREED. STRONG READ, LEGS, DARK DARK EYES, EARS SET WELL ON TOP THE HEAD. BLACK MASK AS WELL AS SADDLEBACK AND TAIL. RED PIGMENT IF PREFERRED. TOES TOGETHER, NOT SPLAYED. TAIL THAT HANGS NATURALLY CLOSE, NOT ON THE SIDE OR UP IN A CURL.
Nice to see you again, sheplovr. Smile

I admit that as much as I love the GSD, I don't know all that much about the breed. I can identify a show-quality GSD, I think, but I don't know the terms that well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_minipostedSat Feb 21, 2009 11:01 pm

I like the Shepherds like the Shiloh or King shepherds. We like them large boned with longer hair. And color we like all colors. We had a black and silver shepherd named Apache. He was beautiful. He had longer hair but was smaller boned. We now have a 11 yr old, Cheyenne, that is very big boned she weighs 112 lbs. We found her at a Circle- K store when she was a puppy. She had been abandoned there. We got Apache after we had to put down our beautiful 5yr old large bone, long haired Shepherd, Bear Bear. She had cancer. She had weighed over 100 lbs. Our Dakota that we have now is smaller boned.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?   What is your 'ideal' Shepherd? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

What is your 'ideal' Shepherd?
Page 1 of 1