Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

what puppy is right for you

Go down 
+5
Veracity
Odysseus
sheplovr
Admin
Missy
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Missy

Missy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-01-02

what puppy is right for you Empty
PostSubject: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 8:11 pm

This site is awsome for giving you an idea of what breed of puppy may be right for you, so if your thinking of getting a puppy but are confused on what breed to get try filling this out and see what breed fits you the best Very Happy

http://us.eukanuba.com/eukanuba/en_US/jsp/Euk_Page.jsp?pageID=BS
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 8:49 pm

very good site thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
sheplovr

sheplovr

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedWed Jan 02, 2008 9:35 pm

Thanks for the share, very good information to know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.vomschreknhaus.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 11:51 am

when i went to chose GIdeon i looked at personality, and how much he liked me. He was the first male to come up to me, and the first to like my face. I fell in love with him. I guess i made a good decision! lol!
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedSun Jan 06, 2008 12:58 am

I have done so many of these...

When I did this one it came back with a top score of 61%... does that make sense???
Back to top Go down
Veracity

Veracity

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedSun Jan 06, 2008 1:11 am

My top score was a 72% and that was the GSD, ironically the second was 70% as a Border Collie...funny because I have both. Third was a Canaan dog but I haven't really ever cared for them much.
Back to top Go down
http://veracity-kennel.tripod.com
ladysable

ladysable

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 3:23 pm

Yikes - I was matched with a Parson Russell Terrier with the GS as a second match.

What the heck is a Parson Russell Terrier? No thank you, I'll keep my GS!
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 3:51 pm

Ooh, thanks for that! My results were quite... Interesting x)
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 8:28 am

A Parson Russell Terrier, is just a taller Jack Russell Terrier, the terrier society, now wants to distinguish the difference.
Back to top Go down
ladysable

ladysable

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 8:54 am

Thank you rexandbaby for your info. They only had one photo and it looked just like a Russell Terrier to me. Guess it's hard to tell height from the picture provided.

I don't know much about the Russell Terrier breed but temperament and intelligent wise, they must be close to the GS since this breed was picked based on my choices.

Are they as large as a GS?
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 11:38 am

I got Parson Russell too. I prefer JRs over PRs. Someday, I would like to have a JR. I love their high energy and their playfullness. Someday, I'd also like like to own a Collie and a purebred Sheltie.
And in the future I would also like to have at least one more GSD.
JRs, Collies, Shelties, and GSDs are my favorite breeds. Not always in that order.

I can answer your question, Lady. My uncle has a JRT (Jack Russell Terrier). The are only a little smaller than the PRT (Parson Russell Terrier). They are little dogs, but they have a big dog attitude.
Actually, JRTs and PRTs are the same breed, sort of. It's kind of complicated and I don't know the full details myself.
As I understand it, the AKC wanted to recognize the JRT in their registry. The JRT's breed club didn't want them to. I've heard that it was because they didn't like dog shows.
So, the AKC took a JRT and bred it to be a little different. A little taller, and no weight standard. Then they declared it a different breed.
Pretty silly, huh?

So JRTs and PRTs are almost the same.

Last edited by Cookie TN on Fri Mar 21, 2008 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 12:00 pm

This is Baby with Rex. A Parson Russell would be 3 to 5 inches taller, that is all.

what puppy is right for you CIMG1053
Back to top Go down
ladysable

ladysable

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 2:12 pm

Thanks guys!

I must admit that I am a little bit shocked then that this would be listed as a match for me since I indicated my preference as a large breed (80 to 100 lbs.) Perhaps, other than weight, this breed also meets all of the choices that I selected. I was expecting my match to be something more along the lines of a Rottie, Doberman, GS etc.......

I guess when I selected indoor/outdoor the match became a somewhat smaller dog since the preference for a larger dog would be outside.

My babies have their choice however. When they want in they are more than welcome and they have all of the comforts of home while out.

Spoiled I say!!!!!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedFri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 pm

All I can say is, a Jrt or a Prt are close to GSDs, with how we expect them to act.

But most of the Jrts, and PRTs are yip-yips!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedSat Mar 22, 2008 1:33 pm

Gosh everyone is getting a JRT
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedSat Mar 22, 2008 4:43 pm

Parson Russell Terrier is actualy what I got, too xD
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_minipostedSat Mar 22, 2008 4:44 pm

Aparantly all us GSD lovers got it wrong... PRT and JRT are the breed for us...

Yeah right... xP Too puny for me, and I could never betray my lovley cuddle-monters
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what puppy is right for you   what puppy is right for you Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

what puppy is right for you
Page 1 of 1