Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A heartbreaking story of Logan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

A heartbreaking story of Logan Empty
PostSubject: A heartbreaking story of Logan   A heartbreaking story of Logan Icon_minipostedTue Sep 16, 2008 10:41 am

I got this e-mail from a GSD group. If you could help, please contact Jennifer. In any case, Logan needs our prayers.

Pic of Logan

A heartbreaking story of Logan Logans10

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, September 14, 2008 7:06 PM
Subject: RE: German Shep Rescue Contacts Needed

Hello:

I am writing today on behalf of a purebred German shepherd named Logan. Logan was found off the Ben Franklin Bridge in Philadelphia approx 2 years ago. He had to be caught with a pole as he was so scared. To make a long story short, the shelter where he was going would definitely euthanize him so a kind lady who owned a boarding kennel in Marlton, NJ took him in.
It is 2 years later, and Logan is still sitting in the kennel. Everyone involved had good intentions but this is no life for a dog.

Logan is petrified of human beings. However, he has never shown an ounce of aggression to anyone. Even when you attempt to put a lead on him he runs and cowers but will not bite. We do not know if Logan will ever bond with a human but he cannot sit in a kennel for the rest of his life, it's simply unfair. He is not aggressive just fearful.

Logan was taken to the vet after someone touched his flank and he squealed. It appears he had a bad injury there and was most likely abused. Hence his severe fear of humans.

Logan is a young boy, probably close to 3 years now and absolutely loves all dogs. He enjoys dogs and being with a pack. He is young and gorgeous and it is just heartbreaking. I know in my heart that with the time and patience that someone with great dog experience could work with Logan and teach him to trust again. He at least deserves that much.

I am hoping that someone out there has room for this sad boy and consider evaluating Logan and would be willing to work with this lost soul. Logan needs his chance. The world owes him the opportunity to know love and to be a confident and happy dog.

In my hopes to help Logan, I am sending out to GSD people first but also sanctuaries where Logan will get to live his life without having to be in a cage almost 24 hours a day as he is now. He needs to run and enjoy life if he can. I have attached one of the few pics I have of him for you.

Thank you for your time and consideration,
Kindly,
Jennifer Conners

Jennifer Conners
Lilo's Promise Animal Rescue
http://www.lilospromise.com/
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

A heartbreaking story of Logan Empty
PostSubject: Re: A heartbreaking story of Logan   A heartbreaking story of Logan Icon_minipostedSat Oct 11, 2008 9:00 pm

Oh god. That poor, poor boy :/

He'll be in my prayers. Tragic story, poor fellow.
Back to top Go down

A heartbreaking story of Logan
Page 1 of 1