Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A very nice story I found on a web

Go down 
+2
rexandbaby
missyntc
6 posters
AuthorMessage
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

A very nice story I found on a web Empty
PostSubject: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedFri Jul 11, 2008 8:21 am

This is a very touching story of an abandoned GSD who had a second chance. It's very touching and brought tears to my eyes. The dog in this story has a typical GSD personality we all grown to love... loyal, courageous, and loving... Aren't they great? Very Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband and I noticed a very remarkable dog sitting at full attention by a gas station near our favorite breakfast nook. He was staring in a particular direction and never once took his eyes away, it seemed, lest he miss something. We ate breakfast and noticed that he was still sitting there with that diligent and purposive stare. I was enthralled by this dog and upon closer inspection, noted he was very thin for his build and breed.

Reluctantly, my husband accompanied me to the station where this dog was seated. The owner of the station noticed our interest and immediately told us that the dog was dropped off seven days earlier and would not move away from the station. He would occasionally drink from the car wash located behind the station, and would only take pieces of hot dogs that were left over from a local vendor. The dog would not come inside the station to accept food because he was so intent on watching for the possible return of his owner who so carelessly abandoned him.

This brought tears to my eyes. This animal was so loyal to the detriment of his health and well-being. I know animals cannot rationalize these types of thoughts, but he was so very loyal to those who so easily gave him up. Well, as my husband likes to recall, I gently went up to him and just started to call him "Buddie" and was able to coax him toward me. He allowed me to touch him and then the owner of the gas station made a rough leash out of rope that we were able to place around his neck. After a lot of urging and gentle pushing, Buddie finally consented to enter into the back seat of our car. He took one last look in the direction of his past life, promptly placed his weiry head on my husband's shoulder, and we drove him to his new home. But that's not the end of the story.

We noticed that Buddie was not neutered and after updating his vaccinations, I took him to a center that provides these services charging only the cost of anesthesia. While waiting for the clinic to open, Buddie and I noticed a drug deal that was occuring. We were not in a particularly safe part of town. The individuals involved noticed we were waiting in the parking lot and began to approach us.

Buddie immediately became restless to the point that he was barking intently at these individuals. Just as I turned the ignition on to leave, Buddie jumped into the front seat of the car and backed up to my lap and sat down blocking me from the approaching men. His bark and stance was so vicious, I began to think I was not wise sitting alone with this dog. But I noted that the approaching individuals were immediately backed down by the reaction of this animal. They left the area, we sat until the clinic opened and Buddie did not leave my side until I opened to door to lead him inside.

There have been numerous occasions when Buddie has protected me. I cannot imagine my life without him. He has grown into his appropriate size and weight from 66 lbs to almost 90 pounds. He plays, has allowed three other rescue dogs to join our family, but every night, he is right at my side. I am truly blessed.
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedSat Jul 12, 2008 10:39 am

Everyone should find a Buddie! That story gave me goosebumps and it is so hot here today! tongue
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedMon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 pm

What a fabulous story ... made me tear up, too. Think I'll go walk my Cruiser-Bruiser so he'll know I love him. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 1:32 am

Oh my... Such a beautiful story. Really, really nice... I have to admit, I teared up too Smile
Back to top Go down
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedSat Aug 02, 2008 1:01 am

This story is a lot like our Cheyenne's story. We found her at a Circle- K convenience store. She was about 6 to 8 wks old. She had been abondoned there. She is now 10 yrs old. She has been such a good dog. I am so glad we found her that Sunday morning when we went to Circle-K for a Sunday paper. She came running up to our van after we got parked. She was a beautiful little puppy. You could tell she was a purebred. I went into the store and asked people in the store if that was their dog. i was concerned that it would get run over, the way it ran out to cars in the parking lot. I was going to tell them to take better care of her. But the cashier said she had been at the store for 3 days. And her boss was going to call the animal shelter to come get her, as soon as the shelter was open. I told her that we were going to take her home with us. She has been with us since. She is a a very big boned German Shepher. She weighs 112 lbs. She favors men. She adores the men in our family. But we all love her. She loves puppies. We tried to bring older dogs here but she won't tolerate other older dogs that she hasn't grown up with. So we have always gotten puppies to come live with us. She mothers them, and she has never been a mother. we got her spayed. She is so sweet and good natured. Her nickname is sweetheart.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedSat Aug 02, 2008 1:48 pm

Crying or Very sad Made me cry. Why would anyone abandon any animal?
I've read stories kind of like that. I once read about a dog in China who would wait for his master to come home from work on a train every night and then they would go home. One day the master died at work and the dog was at the train station. When his master didn't come, he went home and came back to the train station the next night. He waited at the train station every night for the rest of his life.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedSat Aug 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Tiffany,

The dog's name is "Hachiko" and it is in Tokyo, Japan.
They actually built a statue of the dog with his beloved owner near the train station. I saw it like 20 years ago. As far as I know it is still there today.

owners2GSheps2,

I am glad you and Cheyenne found each other!!

Missy
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_minipostedSun Aug 03, 2008 3:17 pm

I don't always have the best memory. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A very nice story I found on a web   A very nice story I found on a web Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

A very nice story I found on a web
Page 1 of 1