Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

NOT POSTING

Go down 
+7
rexandbaby
Sadie12
ladysable
Patti B.
Questdriven
GSDManiac
Admin
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

NOT POSTING - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 pm

yah, but maybe next pic contest!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 4:36 pm

Any ideas what the next will be about? xP
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 4:37 pm

hmm idrk! Maybe headshot contest??
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Oooh... That sounds good actually Smile
Back to top Go down
ravenita93

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-16

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedFri Apr 11, 2008 11:48 pm

My mommy is SO busy with teaching and grading and committee work, she barely has time to answer work e-mails much less post very often to various forums we belong to.

Lots of members *do* post, so try to give a break to those who mostly read or don't have time to post very often. We *do* care, but we have very busy lives.

Raven (and her human typist)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/38947
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 9:07 am

Very good points, Raven (and her human typist!)! Very Happy The whole "conversation" was sort of a misunderstanding from the beginning. After looking at how many people belong to the forum and then how many times they check it out to see what the hot topic or activity is, it was clear to everyone that LOTS of people enjoy the forum but just don't always have time to actively participate. I am sure everyone agrees 100% with you (and your human typist!).

GREAT Dogster site, BTW, and wonderful story about Raven. I hope everyone has a moment to check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
TeresaR1978

TeresaR1978

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-26

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 4:09 pm

I understand both points. I know ppl are very busy but I also think that some ppl just join because they want to be something there not. A true German Shepherd lover would be happy to join and post and reply in an attempt to share and "brag" pictures and info. I can understand maybe only posting once a week or even every other week but I don't understand not posting at all! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.mybeschutzershepherds.weebly.com
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 4:16 pm

If and when I join a forum, I do try to post. That said, why they don't I don't know.
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSat Apr 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Oh, dear ... you guys have never been interested lurkers, I can see. Very Happy I belong to several listservs and forums that are basically professional. Some people post all the time. Some people never post - just want to know what's going on AND they are getting helpful information that they appreciate. Some people post only when they think they clearly have something significant or helpful to contribute, and they just don't always feel like what they have is particularly helpful or that it might even be redundant & boring. Others want to post all the time and are getting a social "buzz" out of it. Not everybody talks at real-life parties, either, but those of us who do talk all the time need an appreciative audience besides ourselves. We can say it is a self-confidence issue, or we can say it is a time issue, but we can definitely say they are getting something out of the experience or they would unsubscribe. Soooo ... the question is, I guess, do you really want to make people not be a part of something they enjoy just because they don't post? And do we really want to make them feel uncomfortable so they go away?? I'm hoping not ... that would seem less than friendly, IMO. BUT ... it is only my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_minipostedSun Apr 13, 2008 10:15 am

Patti as usual, you have made excellent points. I do wish, that they would at least say hi once a week! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NOT POSTING   NOT POSTING - Page 2 Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

NOT POSTING
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2