Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Empty
PostSubject: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:11 pm

My uncle told my dad that the place that he got India from (I think that it was the North Florida German Shepherd Rescue) was keeping the dogs in horrible conditions. They had teeny-tiny cages (sounds like puppy mills conditions to me), and my uncle says that he wouldn't even keep a cat (he doesn't like cats much) in the conditions that those dogs were kept in!
About a week ago, when he took India to the vet, India was malnourished (could be partly because she was pregnant when he got her and no one knew that until she started having puppies), had tons of worms, and an ear infection. Sounds like that rescue was a horrible place to me!!!!!!!! My uncle says that he should report them. Where do you report such a "rescue"?
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Well I would tell the police, and thats horrible. Or got to the humane society website, and report them!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:13 pm

Oh dear!

I think you can report them to the SPCA, or the police... I've never had to do somthing like that, but I would defenetly find a way too!
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Ah, my friend had to report this girl who lived down the street from her to the SPCA. Her animals where in awful conditions, I think she got quite a hefty fine and some jail time.

Are they making money? If so, thats even worse...
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 3:21 pm

Well, my uncle bought India from them, so I'd say so. My uncle thinks that he should report them too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Ah... Good.
Back to top Go down
krista

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-30

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_minipostedSun Mar 30, 2008 11:10 pm

some people put on a front like they are a rescue group, but really they aren't and do function like a puppy mill or even worse. Also, some other people start out with good intentions and then get in over their heads. Either way, the animals shouldn't have to suffer, and I think alerting the authorities is the best bet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group   My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

My Uncle's GSD came from a bad rescue group
Page 1 of 1