Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How did your GSD get it's name?

Go down 
+11
missyntc
Dutch
Thundering Herd
ladysable
Patti B.
dustygal
rexandbaby
TravisGSD
Admin
GSDManiac
Questdriven
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

How did your GSD get it's name? Empty
PostSubject: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 15, 2008 3:23 pm

I didn't name Cookie, but I'm told that she was named Cookie because she's the colors of a chocolate chip cookie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 15, 2008 4:03 pm

Sorreh

Last edited by GSDManiac on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 15, 2008 6:14 pm

Gideon means warrior or strong in the bible, so we thought that was good, and then his registered name is Chadrick von Laurelhause, and Chadrick is german so i liked it!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSat Mar 15, 2008 7:09 pm

Travis Barker. My favorite Drummer. :] [Drummer for Blink 182, Transplants, +44, etc]\

His [soon to be..as soon as I quite being lazy and send his ILP papers in] registered name is Ranger's Reckless Abandon.

His sire's name was Ranger von Reyes. Hence the 'Ranger's' in his name.
Reckless Abandon is a Blink 182 song.
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSun Mar 16, 2008 12:01 am

I knew it!! I was listening to the radio and they kept saying 'Travis Barker' and I was like... Now where have a heard that before? xDD
Back to top Go down
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSun Mar 16, 2008 2:02 am

Hehe, guilty ;P
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSun Mar 16, 2008 7:36 am

Mine is kind of boring after hearing how you all named your dogs.

We had a GSD named Rex when we got married. Loved that dog.
Then after Rex passed, we got a female, so, she was Rex's Princess. Hence the little princess.

When we got Rex, I wanted to name him Bear because he seemed like this brown bear cub, but everyone in the house, and family, insisted that he was Rex, I was the only one calling him Bear, and he started to listen to Rex better. So, the family won, but Rex's nickname when I am extremely happy with him is "Poohbear" then he knows he did perfect! I love you
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSun Mar 16, 2008 10:20 am

Aww, thats sweet ^^
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSun Mar 16, 2008 11:49 am

My uncle named India's male puppy Bear, because he looks like a bear cub.
The puppies can walk, run, and play now. After church tonight, we're going over to my uncle's house to take updated pictures. (The most recent pictures that I have of them were taken at 21 days old. They are a month old now.) I'll share the pictures that I take sometime tonight, hopefully. Cross your fingers and paws for that, please.

My uncle only named 2 of the 4 puppies. Bear and Sheba. He says that he's not going to give all of them names because they all look alike. So, I gave them names. The other 2 are Faith and Coco. (Always wanted to name a dog Coco. lol! )

Oh, and I think that the pastor of my church is going to buy one. He loves GSDs. He has one named Dutchess at his home.

Last edited by Cookie TN on Sun Mar 16, 2008 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : to tell tadd more info)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
dustygal

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 2:46 am

Dusty got her name coz she looked like the Kelpie that used to be on Television called Dusty. I didnt name her but that's how she got her name. however we've turned her name into a few nicknames along with it.
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 10:07 pm

GDB uses the letters of the alphabet to track their GDB litters as they go through puppy raising and then (hopefully) through GDB training and onto guide a blind person. Cruiser was in a "C" litter 5 years ago. He rather looks like a "Cruiser," though, so it's okay by me. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
ladysable

ladysable

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 7:36 am

When we brought Noah home we had a very difficult time trying to figure out a name for him. My previous GS was a female and it was much easier finding a name for her!

Anyway, we went through a multitude of names before finally agreeing upon Noah. In addition to Noah we have 1 other dog (a mixed breed rescue that is a wonderful addition to our family), 3 cats and a 30 gallon tank full of fish. We were discussing how Noah would be the largest of the group and being male would eventually lead the group so we thought that naming him Noah after Noah of the Bible made the most sense. We refer to him as the guardian and keeper of all creatures great and small. Thus, Noah.
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedThu Mar 20, 2008 9:37 am

That's a really cute story ... Noah and the "Ark" of cats and fish. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
Thundering Herd

Thundering Herd

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedSun Mar 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Telah came with her name and it means "Little Lamb" in Hebrew and suited her. Petra was named after Petra Nemacova, who is a Czechoslavakian model and Petra is from Czech parents. Nemo came with his nickname (of course they all have long registered names). Rex was named by my youngest son because he acted like a T-Rex and his sister was so dainty, we named her Princess...and Leia because my husband is a Star Wars fan. Max was named for our previous GSD Maxi, of course she was a Maxine and he is a Maximillion. Coco is an abreviation of his long name, Constantine Conan and he was named for his father. Max's middle name Leizig, is his father's name as well and all of them bare there breeder's kennel's as their last name's. Raven, our Lab puppy is called Raven, just because she is shiny and black like a Raven and Toccarra is for a girl I know, and I thought it was a pretty name. Am I forgetting anyone?
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 7:26 am

If you did forget anyone, don't feel bad, with all of them I would at least forget one too! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 8:36 am

I love reading these Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 10:34 am

These are great!
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 10:52 am

Everyone else has such a good reson for a name xD
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Dutch was Queen Victoria at Rescue. I just couldn't work with that. So during her first week with us we got to know her and she does have a pretty regal bearing. So we toyed with Princess, Queenie, Vix. I thought about Duchess, but that was too much, so I shortened it to Dutch.
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 6:15 pm

Dutch is a very suiting name, looking at your avatar. I can just imagine calling 'Dutch' Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 12:32 pm

aww I like that!
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 1:10 pm

Before I got Rex, I wanted a female, and would have named her Queen. Not, Queenie, just Queen, as we had already had a female named Princess, so Queen would have been a step up!
Back to top Go down
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedFri Apr 18, 2008 1:12 pm

Sasha - her breeder called her "Lady" but I thought the name didn't fit her. So I decided to call her Sasha. It's a diminutive of Alxander/Alexandria. Alexander the Great's childhood nick name was "Sasha" (I always liked that name... Her registered name is Stroud Haus' Sasha II (I found out later that the breeder already had a dog name Sasha hence Sasha II)

Faith - My hubby always said if he ever got a White Shepherd he would call her "Snowflake". When we got Faith, breeder had already named her Faith. We could have changed the name, but he kinda liked the sound of it. So the name stuck.

Snow White - her registered name is Von Tasz Konstanze. Konstanze is named after my favorite composer, Wolfgang Mozart's wife's name. However my little girl insisted her name should be "Snow White" because of her pure white coat and my daughter's love for Disney Princesses... LOL So we call her "Snow White" or just "Snowy"
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Names   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedWed May 14, 2008 12:20 am

We had a shepherd named Baroness Di. After Princess Di. And my nick name is Di. I have always been interested in Indian cultures. So I have named our dogs Indian names. We have had males Apache and Geronimo. One female was named cherokee. We have a Puppy now named Comanche. He isn't GS though. All the others were.
Back to top Go down
xOutFromUnder

xOutFromUnder

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_minipostedThu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 am

Well let's see...

my friend and I found Zero in June of '05. She hung around for a week or two before we decided that she didn't belong to any neighbors so we were brainstorming on a name (I didn't know I'd end up keeping her though, my parents always said no more dogs after my last one)

I didn't want to name her something typical or common like "sadie" or "lucky" or anything.

Even before we found her GSDs were always my favorite breed and I always knew that one day I would eventually get one from a shelter or something when I could. I had the name Mikah (mike-uh) picked out. I thought about naming her Mikah but it didn't seem to suit her, so I decided to browse doggie name websites online, and when I was reading I remembered the dog 'Zero' from my favorite movie The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'd never heard another dog with this name and she answered to it well and so I decided to call her that! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rachellaurenphotography
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did your GSD get it's name?   How did your GSD get it's name? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: General Shepherd-
Jump to: