Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Stopping other pets from playing

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rowelltroop@comcast.net

rowelltroop@comcast.net

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Stopping other pets from playing Empty
PostSubject: Stopping other pets from playing   Stopping other pets from playing Icon_minipostedFri Feb 29, 2008 9:08 pm

I guess this is really more of a behavior question. Anyway, Cookie tries to stop my Sheltie from playing with me, especially when he play growls. Why does she do this? I think that maybe she doesn't trust him with me. Cookie is Treader's alpha.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Stopping other pets from playing   Stopping other pets from playing Icon_minipostedFri Feb 29, 2008 9:23 pm

Well Gideon also does this sometimes. Mostly i belieive it is jealousy! just work with him more!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Stopping other pets from playing   Stopping other pets from playing Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 am

The herding breeds can be strange. Our dog Rex the GSD, tries to keep our dog Baby, from being in my lap. He nudges her out if he can get away with it. Just have them understand that you as leader of the pack, have decided that you want one on one time with said dog. Then enforce it with a down/stay when they don't listen. Works for me!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stopping other pets from playing   Stopping other pets from playing Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Stopping other pets from playing
Page 1 of 1