Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I may be offline for several days at a time

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

I may be offline for several days at a time Empty
PostSubject: I may be offline for several days at a time   I may be offline for several days at a time Icon_minipostedWed Aug 12, 2009 3:17 pm

My old Compaq monitor is giving me heck right now. It has the wiggly screen several times a day, and I have to keep turning it off and on to stop the wiggles. It has me on edge with nervousness, so some days I may decide to skip the computer completely.
Fortunately, I'll be getting a new LCD screen monitor soon and I'll then resume computer activity as I have in the past.

(I'll also be getting a much better motherboard, video card, processor, and and power supply. And a new case! My dad's wanted that for a while for the family computer, apparently.)

P.S.
I also will not be doing any digital art until my new monitor arrives, as it seems that anything beyond typing and web browsing and opening programs makes this monitor have convulsions. I really am afraid to do digital art right now.
We've tried several things with this monitor...adjusting the amount of HZ, updating it's driver...nothing works. The computer itself, though, seems to think that it's a plug and play monitor...so that may be the problem. But wearing out or not, we need a monitor that uses less electricity anyway and that is safer on the freaking eyes.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115

I may be offline for several days at a time
Page 1 of 1