Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comments you get about your GSD?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Comments you get about your GSD? Empty
PostSubject: Comments you get about your GSD?   Comments you get about your GSD? Icon_minipostedWed Feb 11, 2009 5:14 am

What kind of comments do you get about your GSD?
Most people just love Cookie and I get great comments about her, but still on occasion I get an ignorant comment. Worst one was someone wanting me to put her to sleep just because of her breed because they thought that German Shepherds are man-eaters. Shocked I was upset at that person for quite a while afterwards.

Latest was this guy who walked into the park with his Lab and Cookie started barking at him. His Lab barked back. I told Cookie to stop and guess what, she did. Smile Then I heard the Lab owner telling his dog that if he didn't quit barking that he thought Cookie would come over and "eat" him.
I was peeved at hearing this, so I stood up in full view of that guy and had Cookie perform some tricks to show how well-behaved she is. Then that guy turns to the person next to him saying something about how "those aggressive dogs are all over the place", while nodding in Cookie's direction. By that point, I was fighting back tears. No one, I mean NO ONE, says something like that about my dog or her breed without my taking big issue with it. Evil or Very Mad Ignorance is one of my biggest pet peeves.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Comments you get about your GSD? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comments you get about your GSD?   Comments you get about your GSD? Icon_minipostedSat Feb 21, 2009 11:12 pm

Tell that man to check statistic records. Labs bite humans as much or more than German Shepherds. Labs also attack other dogs about as much as Shepherds too. Don't pay attention to that man . He is stupid to make such comments. I'm not against Labs or any other breed of dog. If any dog is vicious it is usually because of a human. Usually the owner or caretaker of the dog causes it to be vicious. I take offence too, when people say bad things about my fur kids or German Shepherds too. When people see cheyenne, the comments are Wow what a big dog. They say she is pretty, but big. People say Dakota is beautiful.
Back to top Go down

Comments you get about your GSD?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: General Shepherd-
Jump to: