Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dakota's playpal another hero

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

Dakota's playpal another hero Empty
PostSubject: Dakota's playpal another hero   Dakota's playpal another hero Icon_minipostedWed Jan 28, 2009 12:12 am

Last April we went to a shelter looking for a GShepherd or GSmix. We looked at the 2 puppies that was listed as Shepherd mixes. One was already adopted. The pure black on was left. We could see he wasn't a Shepherd. He looked like a Lab mix. Even though he wasn't Shepherd we decided to get him. Dakota needed a play pal. The shelter had named him Turtle. We renamed him Comanche. He and Dakota became fast friends. We have come to love him so much. He is a very loving guy. Well 4 nights ago, at 2:00 in the morning he woke us up barking. He kept running from our bedroom to the kitchen. Since we had that home invasion with our son, we check out everytime the dogs bark. We are still on edge from that. Husband got up first. He went to the kitchen where Comanche was barking furiously at our kitchen stove. He turned the lights on and saw that the knob to the oven was partially on. Propane was filling the kitchen. I got up and as soon as I got to the kitchen i smelled the propane. We opened the window for the rest of the night. So our shelter puppy was our guardian angel that night. Thank God he came into our lives.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Dakota's playpal another hero   Dakota's playpal another hero Icon_minipostedWed Jan 28, 2009 5:02 am

Shocked Whoa. Close call. Good job Comanche. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

PostSubject: Re: Dakota's playpal another hero   Dakota's playpal another hero Icon_minipostedSun Feb 08, 2009 12:44 am

When we went to the shelter we wanted a GS or GS mix. But after I saw Comanche (Turtle) something told me to take him home. So we did. We haven't been sorry. He is so sweet and loving. He comes to me for hugs and kisses 3 or 4 times a day. He won't go away until he gets them. We have a dog book with pictures of different breeds. He looks like the picture of the black Tibetan mastiff in there. We got a sweet little (big ) boy that day. He is getting pretty big.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dakota's playpal another hero   Dakota's playpal another hero Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Dakota's playpal another hero
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: General Shepherd-
Jump to: