Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Krumm

Krumm

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-10

Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves?   Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves? Icon_minipostedWed Jun 10, 2009 10:48 am

Krumm is going on 8 months, and he appears to be somewhat nervous especially on walks. I use a pinch collar to help control him and that is working. I want him to be more confident and enjoy walking. I know he likes to go as he is always ready for me to put on his collar, but he gets spooked easily. Is there anything else I should be doing besides repetition? I understand that is key. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves?   Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves? Icon_minipostedThu Jun 11, 2009 11:35 am

Sounds good. If you don't already, you may also want to counter new experiences with treats, rewards, and praise, making them seem less scary to him.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115

Best way to deal with my growing boy's nerves?
Page 1 of 1