Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dogs: Omnivores or Carnivores?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Dogs: Omnivores or Carnivores? Empty
PostSubject: Dogs: Omnivores or Carnivores?   Dogs: Omnivores or Carnivores? Icon_minipostedWed Feb 25, 2009 2:13 am

The belief that dogs are omnivores is gaining popularity. Where do you stand on this?
-------------------------
My opinion:
I think that dogs are carnivores. The omnivore argument seems to be based on the fact that dogs will eat fruits and vegetables. But just because a dog will eat it doesn't mean they need it. Cookie used to like to chew on and swallow fuzz and small pieces of plastic, that doesn't mean that she need them in her diet.

Lions in a zoo in Israel lived off of completely grain for 3 years and they were fine.

Dogs can live on an omnivorous diet, even a vegetarian diet. I think that this is due to that in the past (and this ties into my religious beliefs), before the flood, all animals ate fruits and veggies. After the flood, they started hunting, eating meat. Probably because the vegetation would take a while to grow back completely, after a world-wide flood. Because of this, even the animals who adapted to eat meat can live off veggies and fruit. (Please do not debate on whether there was a Noah's flood or not. Stay on topic.)

Plus, my other dog used to eat weeds and acorns all the time. Since the switch to a raw diet going on a year ago, I've only seen him do this once.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115

Dogs: Omnivores or Carnivores?
Page 1 of 1