Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Involvment! That's what we need.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Involvment! That's what we need. Empty
PostSubject: Involvment! That's what we need.   Involvment! That's what we need. Icon_minipostedFri Jan 09, 2009 2:00 am

Give the members something to be involved in. Updated Contests, keep the forum updated, etc.
That is what we need, I think. Someone said that on another forum I'm on (they were saying it about that forum) and I'm like, of course. Arrow
I mean, I've heard people say it before, even on here, but now I really get it. Geesh, I'm so slow. That's what we need. Not just more members, but something for them to do. bounce Amanda, when you log in again, please consider this.
You'll probably need another admin to help out with the contests and stuff too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Involvment! That's what we need. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Involvment! That's what we need.   Involvment! That's what we need. Icon_minipostedWed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am

BUMPing this up.
I really care about this forum. I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad, but I really want this forum to slide back into being active. We used to have so much fun. I've joined several other forums since I became a member here, but this forum has a special place in my heart. It truly saddens me to see me being about the only active person here.
Again, I'm not pointing any fingers, not getting onto anyone for not posting. Whether you post or not is your choice, but I think that if you could encourage other people to join and be active and if we had something going on, that would be just about all we need.

Think back. When this forum first started, we had so much going on. Contests, the portal was kept up to date, and people were joining and posting a lot. If we could start doing what we did back then again, I think that would help heaps.

I realize that running a forum is hard. Another forum I recently joined, I was made an admin and trying to get people to be active there has been a headache even though I have contests running and plenty for people to be active in.

I also realize that sometimes Amanda can't come online and I imagine that there's a lot going on in her life right now. I think that she needs another person with admin responsibilities to help out, to take some of the load off. Someone who could be assigned to do a specific task such as keep the portal up to date. I'm not the first person to suggest this.

I have said that I couldn't be an admin. Well, after being made an admin of another forum, I've decided that I could do it after all. I'm only asking because I think it's needed. I'm more than content with being a mod, I just think that Amanda needs help running the forum. I know I can help her.

Amanda, you did a wonderful job designing the forum when it was first made and you did a wonderful job keeping it up to date up until April. I'm not saying that you've become lazy, not at all. As I said, a lot is probably going on in your life. Which is why you need help.

This forum is wonderful, and I really hate to see it go down. It really breaks my heart. I really want to see it blossom once again and return to the active place that it was. That it can still be if we really put something into it.

I've promoted this forum in every way I know how. I've referred people to it, but to make people want to join, we have to keep it looking up-to-date.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115

Involvment! That's what we need.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Basic Forum Info :: Suggestions-
Jump to: