Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

update on Dakota

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
owners2GSheps2

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-13

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 1:35 am

Dakota is getting along a lot better with my husband now. But after that night when we weren't home and something happened, she has gotten more agressive about protecting me. We have adopted a little boy from a shelter. He has become a pal to Dakota. His name is Comanche. He isn't German shepherd. But they are the best of buddies. He has helped her change a lot. I think it is because he gets along good with my husband. Aug 12, Dakota was laying under my computer table while I was on it. All of a sudden she woke up and started acting odd. She became very alert. She didn't bark but she was on alert. Right after that I heard 3 loud bangs. My husband ran outside over to our son's trailer. There was a pick-up backed up in his yard. There were men in it. He yelled at the men. After he yelled another man ran out of our son's house and jumped into the bed of the pick-up. The truck sped off. My husband ran into our son's house and found our son and his girlfriend laying on the floor with pillows over their heads. There were 4 men that broke into our son's house and said they were police. They all had guns. 3 of the men went into their bedroom and took the son's guns and ran out of the house. We think the 4th man was going to stay behind to shoot our son and his girlfriend. But when he heard my husband yell , it made him run out because he was afraid he might be left behind. The thing is my husband wouldn't have run outside when he did if Dakota hadn't alerted us. We have new neighbors and they have been building things and banging a lot. We wouldn't have paid attention to the 3 loud bangs I heard if it hadn't been for Dakota alerting us that something wasn't right. We say she saved our son and his girlfriend's life that night.
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 7:30 am

Oh my word!! You should give her a steak once a week for the rest of her life! Such a scary thing to have happened. I just love GSDs!
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedFri Oct 10, 2008 1:01 pm

affraid Glad that it turned out well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
owners2GSheps2

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedSat Oct 11, 2008 11:05 pm

Before that happened our son was skeptical of Dakota. But now he has changed his mind. She is my precious little girl. She got off to a bad start in life. But she is doing a lot better now. She is my constant companion. She has all of the good traits of the German shepherd. I love her so much.
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 7:34 am

And she earned every bit of it!! cheers
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 2:41 pm

My GOSH, what a frightening story but one with a miraculously good ending. That's just terrifying, actually. Thank goodness for Dakota - what a wonder! I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
owners2GSheps2

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_minipostedSat Oct 18, 2008 12:56 am

I Thank God for all animals. But especially dogs. and German Shepherds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

update on Dakota Empty
PostSubject: Re: update on Dakota   update on Dakota Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

update on Dakota
Page 1 of 1