Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are your feelings on spaying/neutering?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

What are your feelings on spaying/neutering? Empty
PostSubject: What are your feelings on spaying/neutering?   What are your feelings on spaying/neutering? Icon_minipostedWed Oct 01, 2008 9:53 pm

This is to list your opinion of spaying/neutering.
How do you feel about it being mandatory?

As for my thoughts on this:
I know those who are both for and against it. One extreme goes so far as to make spaying/neutering mandatory, the other is completely against it. I guess that I'm in the gray. While I advocate spaying/neutering, I also respect those who are against it and I like to listen to both sides of a topic. Those against speutering seem to have well-informed reason as to why they disagree with it. As do those who support it.

I don't want speutering to become mandatory. I think that the dog's owners should have a choice. After all, those who are against speutering that I have met want only they think is best for their dog, as do supporters of speutering. Why should either side have to be forced to do what goes against what they think is best? I've known intact dogs and altered dogs. I find almost no different in behavior between the two. The only intact dog who I could describe as a holy terror would be my grandmother's former dog - BoJack a Jack Russell Terrier. But he had been in many homes by the time he was just one year old. The first home had been my grandmother's. (He had originally been intended as a present for me, but my mom misunderstood. I told her later on because grandma had told me, and she was sorry about it.) Then my grandmother gave him away to my uncle because his energy was too high. Then he gave BoJack away to somebody, who eventually gave BoJack back to my grandmother. Poor guy, so may homes and he had received almost no training...my grandmother eventually gave him to someone. A few months ago, a friend of mine was telling me about a "breeder" on her street who bred Jack Russells and Chihuahuas and often mixed them. She said that this "breeder" breeds on every heat and one of her female dogs looks so skinny that the neighbors sneak food to it. She described a dog named "BoJack". My grandmother had mentioned something about BoJack siring two litters - a litter of JRTs and a litter of JRT/Chis. The dog that my friend described to me may not have been the same BoJack, but it sure did sound like it. It pains my heart to think that poor sweet BoJack who only needed a more active owner and some training may now be a puppy-producing machine for a back-yard breeder. Crying or Very sad
Back to the subject...I feel that while something must be done about back-yard breeders and puppy mills, that people should not be forced to speuter their pets. I know people who assume that just because a dog is intact that it was used for breeding. I admire their drive for animals, but I think that they go too far.

Anyway, that's my feelings on the subject...sorry to write a novel.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

What are your feelings on spaying/neutering? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are your feelings on spaying/neutering?   What are your feelings on spaying/neutering? Icon_minipostedSat Oct 11, 2008 9:04 pm

I defenetly prefer speutering.

I can understand why a lot of people don't want to do it, and then again... There are others who won't do it for very, very silly and childish reasons. I'm not particually sure :/

I guess I'm on the fence?
Back to top Go down

What are your feelings on spaying/neutering?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: Your Shepherds Health-
Jump to: