Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What a time to get grumpy.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

What a time to get grumpy. Empty
PostSubject: What a time to get grumpy.   What a time to get grumpy. Icon_minipostedMon Sep 15, 2008 5:08 pm

My dad is a nice and pleasant guy to be around. 90% of the time. He's disabled and has to take lots of medications, that might have something to do with his mood swings.
Today me and my mom got into a big argument. My dad is always telling my brother and I not to cuss, but today my dad said the d word to my mom.
Since my camera wire is missing, I currently have to load the pictures via the memory card in the camera and my dad's computer is the only computer that will take a memory card. I wanted to load my pictures (I got some good ones today), but my dad doesn't want to.
Any advice on how to deal with these annoying mood swings? And do you think he might be bipolar? pale
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

What a time to get grumpy. Empty
PostSubject: Re: What a time to get grumpy.   What a time to get grumpy. Icon_minipostedMon Sep 15, 2008 10:46 pm

Oh, dear ... sounds like life is "interesting" at your house. So sorry your dad is disabled and has to take a lot of meds. It could be the meds, it could be something else.

If I were disabled and didn't feel well a lot, I'd probably be grumpy, too. Sometimes we don't realize how we're impacting other people in our lives, particularly those closest to us, when we show how miserable we feel ... I see that at work sometimes, where someone is unhappy about something at home or maybe they are getting a cold. They act grumpy and unhappy to those around them which makes those around them snap back and round and round they go. On the other hand, sometimes we forget that someone else doesn't feel as good as we do and accidentally make their day more difficult, so it can be a two-way street.

Let's hope your dad isn't bipolar. That's what Amanda said her dad was. The only way to treat it is with more meds, and it sounds like your dad is taking a lot already. I'm betting he just doesn't feel good a lot of the time and that makes a person sad and grumpy.

We'll send positive thoughts your way. Sorry we can't help with the pictures! Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604

What a time to get grumpy.
Page 1 of 1