Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Treader goes RAW!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Treader goes RAW! Empty
PostSubject: Treader goes RAW!   Treader goes RAW! Icon_minipostedSun Sep 14, 2008 1:21 am

After doing my research, I was finally ready to start feeding the RAW diet to Treader today. I sooo wish that Cookie could have it to, but I'm using my allowance money to pay for it and frankly I can't afford to feed both of the dogs RAW or even just Cookie, so just Treader. For now, at least. Maybe when our money situation gets better.
Treader gobbled it up with much more gusto than with dog food:
Photobucket
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

Treader goes RAW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treader goes RAW!   Treader goes RAW! Icon_minipostedMon Sep 15, 2008 10:51 pm

Let us all know how the RAW diet works out. It's always interesting to hear what other people are trying.

Cruiser visited his GDB puppy-raiser while I was in Kentucky the last 10 days or so. She said he looks fantastic and his coat is amazing, and she figures it is probably the Timberwolf I'm feeding him since that's the only difference. It's been wonderful in that it has completely stopped the occasional GSD bowel issues, even when he decides to eat something weird (like junk mail or something). BUT ... I suspect Timberwolf isn't perfect for every dog, either, so we all have to find what works best for our 4-legged darlings. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Treader goes RAW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treader goes RAW!   Treader goes RAW! Icon_minipostedSat Oct 11, 2008 9:24 pm

Aww, yay Treader! Smile
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Treader goes RAW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treader goes RAW!   Treader goes RAW! Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 12:26 pm

He's doing great on it. He only threw up like twice in one month. And the first time he threw up was when I gave him some pig's tail that still has some skin on it. Remove the skin and he was fine.
The second time, I fed him food that had been in the fridge a little too long. silent
My only frustration is that he doesn't like any secreting organ so far other than liver. And he needs to have 10% organ and he can't just have liver all the time. Out of the 10%, 5% of the organ content should be liver and the other 5% should be something else like kidneys or pancreas. I couldn't find any organ at the meat store or the grocery store besides liver and the only way that I could get other organs was to buy a little turkey fryer. And he didn't like the kidneys that were in it. scratch I can't buy those every week. (I'm buying by the week instead of the month because of space issues.)
Maybe Wal*Mart sells some other organs. We'll look next time my mom goes there.
Otherwise, it's going along great.
Treader will smell (and taste) the food if there's more than one piece as if he's trying to see which one's the best. He'll eat what he likes best first.
He also tends to eat the smaller pieces before he eats the bigger ones.
But he loves it. He's like this while I'm brining the food to him: bounce . He bounces, stands on his hind legs, and spins. The spinning is a trick that I used to make him do before I'd let him eat, so he does it when he automatically REALLY wants some type of food.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Sponsored content

Treader goes RAW! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Treader goes RAW!   Treader goes RAW! Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Treader goes RAW!
Page 1 of 1