Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pardon me while I rant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Pardon me while I rant Empty
PostSubject: Pardon me while I rant   Pardon me while I rant Icon_minipostedMon Aug 11, 2008 9:51 am

I was answering a question in Dogster Answers about breeding. That was several months ago. I had the question on my watchlist and today I saw that a new answer was added. Most active Dogster members are pretty knowledgeable about reputable breeding, but this answer made me want to curse and swear. And I'm not one to do that.
Here's what it said:
Evil or Very Mad All breeders are evil they are comparable to the RIAA or the MPAA. The will lash out at anyone that tries to cut in to there profits. They also have brainwashed the dog community into thinking that breeding your self is dangerous and wrong. Dogs have been breeding the thousands of years amazingly without the help of the breeder Nazis. I say go for it and tell the naysayers were to go! Evil or Very Mad

What the WOOF!?!?!?!?!?!!!!?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????
What a lie! I'd like to shoutthis to this person:
"I'm a future breeder and I care NOTHING for money! Hear that, person who wrote that answer, N-O-T-H-I-N-G! I answer the way I do because I CARE about the HEALTH of the breeds! BREEDING ANYTIME IS DANGEROUS FOR THE DOG, NOT THE PERSON! IT'S WRONG BECAUSE THERE ARE MILLIONS OF DOGS PUT DOWN EACH YEAR DUE TO PET OVERPOPULATION AND WHEN DONE WRONG, BREEDING CONTRIBUTES TO THE UNHEALTHINESS OF THE BREED!!!!!!
In the "old days" there weren't any health tests and the genes were HEALTHIER. Dogs and people were tougher. Breeding "back then" was simpler."

DOESN'T THIS PERSON KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT BREEDING? Doesn't sound like it.
Oh well, I guess I should be thankful that only very few questions get these kind of answers. I just hope that this person doesn't answer any more recent questions about breeding. Thankfully, the writer of the question that this person answered has probably been abandoned by the owner. The writer said that she wished to do research and has hopefully already done it and made her decision. I pray it was the right one.

But I know that the best way to talk to that person, if I did, would be to be polite. I won't be talking to her though, much as her words anger me. She has obviously been told about breeding and are not receptive to be educated. Where she got her "info", I have no idea. But it's obviously keeping her from the light. So, I'm not going to be talking to them. I'd rather talk to people who are more open to the truth. Like the people in my town.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Pardon me while I rant   Pardon me while I rant Icon_minipostedTue Aug 12, 2008 9:55 am

I hear you Tiffany.

I am hoping this answer was posted by some ignorant kid who needs growing up to do and in the mean time we hope and pray that he/she has no access to any animals that can be bred. As you said it's probably wasting your time to reason with this imature person. You can tell his/her minds were made up already and no matter what you tell her/him would make any difference.

Sometimes you have to pick and choose your fight, dear. You are doing great job educating people who are open to education. Keep up the good work and drive on!!!
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
Blkjacku2

Blkjacku2

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Pardon me while I rant   Pardon me while I rant Icon_minipostedTue Aug 19, 2008 8:13 pm

No prob, Tiffany, I would be pissed too, but have comfort in knowing that you will be a responsible breeder, when you become one. You're trying to help others by helping them to be better educated & I wouldn't let this person's comments bother you. Very Happy I love you
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/group/North_american_german_shepherds-134
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Pardon me while I rant   Pardon me while I rant Icon_minipostedSat Aug 23, 2008 2:44 pm

Thanks...now another "breeder" posting bogus info on the DogChannel forums is peeving me.
I'm over it now, but I ended up getting mad enough to say "PLEASE educate yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and providing lots of links to website about breeders.
At least most of threads she posted her freaking info in were abandoned. Only one was a newer one. I'm going to try to take it like a grain of salt from now on...I usually do, giving my knowledge out and if they still want to breed just telling them how to do it right, but sometimes it hard to keep my cool. And the fact that she wasn't exactly being polite about it didn't help.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pardon me while I rant   Pardon me while I rant Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Pardon me while I rant
Page 1 of 1