Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Where did everyone go???

Go down 
+2
missyntc
rexandbaby
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Where did everyone go??? Empty
PostSubject: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedMon Jul 14, 2008 6:43 pm

I have been stopping in everyday, and no one is around!!!! Come back people!!
Back to top Go down
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 15, 2008 10:39 am

Hi everyone.

I really like this forum but I am seeing less and less people stopping by here.

And to put it bluntly, I think Admin is neglecting her responsibility and that hurts the forum. I addressed this privately with one of the moderators - but people would continue to leave if Admin continue to do nothing, so I thought I address this issue openly.

New people come and visit the forum and see the headline items (like contests, member of the month etc etc) and see no changes for a long time - (We still have MOTM April posted and the last contest closed in May with still no results) and they'd write off the forum as "inactive" and never come back. Admin also offers to make Avatar, so I requested one but I never got mine. That's not the way to keep people interested in the forum. (If you can't do it, be sure to ask someone else to take care of it.) My webmaster friend once told me that the key to a poppular website is "constant changes" so people continue to come back to see "what's new"

The last I heard, Amanda's dad's computer crushed and she can't get on-line much.

I understand that problem like that happens to anyone, I don't blame her for not being able to do the admin job. But I do feel she is responsible for not having a back-up person to keep it going while she is away. I thinks she should make someone (maybe a volunteer) an administrator to keep this forum going. It could be too much work for any single person - Maybe she should have several co-admin to assist her.

If this "non-administrator activity" goes on, this forum will die for sure. Don't get me wrong, I met some wonderful people here and I would really hate it to die like this. But I also think behind a thriving forum is a devoted and enthusiastic admin who leads others! Without any direction or support, this forum will not last.

Just a thought. I am hoping that Amanda would read this and let someone help her.
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedWed Jul 16, 2008 8:18 am

Too true, and yet sad, when this was more active, I really enjoyed reading stuff here! Neutral
Back to top Go down
missyntc

missyntc

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedWed Jul 16, 2008 1:55 pm

Yeah me too. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedSat Jul 19, 2008 2:23 am

I've been gone because my computer's power supply went bad and I left my password on there. affraid
I'm using my dad's computer right now. I just decided to click "forgot password" and got a new one. geek
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedMon Jul 21, 2008 10:29 pm

Not that I contributed a lot, but I used to check in at least once per day - usually twice - and at least play one of the games or respond to something interesting. It still has a lot of very helpful info if you know where to look.

Personally, I have nobody to blame except me and work. My boss was gone for 6 months acting in a high level position to which he just got promoted. Now there is a lot of discussion about splitting up our rather huge and oddly combined department in different ways so we've been very busy doing the research and draft plans and looking at budgets. It's nearly 9:30 p.m. here and I've only been home about 30 minutes and just fed the dogs. This is currently almost the norm for me, so you can see how useless I am on this forum.

What can we do at this point? I'm sure we ought to be recruiting new members again. Do we have a back-up Administrator or some such who can act in her stead?? Can we maybe start new topics or sections to generate new interest???

Hey, I may be hideously busy but I'm open to suggestion. :-)
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
missyntc

missyntc

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 22, 2008 2:03 pm

Yeah I understand - plus lots of people leave home for summer vacations etc. too

I always enjoyed stuff like "member of the month" and contests, but you would have to be the admin to do it - and the last time I asked one of the moderator, Amanda was the only admin.

Recruiting new people would help but if we can't offer anything to sustain their interest they wouldn't come back. So we have to give them something intersting/useful.

I try to post any interesting/funny stories & tips etc. I think it's helpful if all of us can contribute something, so at least we will have something new to read every day!
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedTue Jul 22, 2008 9:36 pm

Good ideas. I'll try to be more participative. I'd hate for this to totally die after all the effort everyone has put into it. Does anyone know Amanda's email address so we can ask her about the additional Administrator for the forum? Her home PC may have crashed, but I'm sure she's checking email somewhere - none of us can live without it these days! :-)
Back to top Go down
missyntc

missyntc

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedWed Jul 23, 2008 6:23 am

According to her admin profile, her e-mail is mndlocke@yahoo.com.
Anyone who would like to contact her about the admin situation?
Also anyone interested in volunteering to be an admin?
In any case I think it should be done by more than just one person. Like in Dogster, groups that are really active have at least 5-6 admin. It would have to, or people get burned out.
Also if you have any suggestions to get this forum going, please, let us hear about it.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedWed Jul 23, 2008 2:36 pm

I had PMed her a few weeks ago, but I sent her an e-mail now. Why didn't I think of it myself? Surprised Razz
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedFri Jul 25, 2008 11:03 pm

Clever, clever Cookie's mom, not to mention brilliant Missy's mom.

Sooooo, Cookie's mom - did you hear back from Amanda? We'd probably all like to hear how she's doing, too.

I agree it would be a good idea to have several "co-administrators" so nobody gets over-burdened and burned out. I'd volunteer myself, except there are currently not words to describe how busy work is at the moment, so I'll volunteer at another time unless we don't have enough volunteers for now. All this blathering on assumes, however, that Amanda gets back to Cookie's mom and we can make this happen. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedSat Jul 26, 2008 2:59 pm

Not yet.
Back to top Go down
Blkjacku2

Blkjacku2

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedSun Jul 27, 2008 9:34 pm

As a person who's fairly new to the forum & busy myself, I understand if the Admin may not be able to keep the site as up-to-date as they would like. However- they should appoint someone else as Admin as well, since they are unable to fullfill their duties, I agree 100%.

What keeps me coming back to this forum is the different interesting topics & some of the games, and everyone on this great forum. Very Happy Would be a shame if this forum dissapeared or ceased to remain active, as has happened to some on the internet. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/group/North_american_german_shepherds-134
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 2:24 am

I have not been all to active lately at all, and I apologise.

There's been complications going on with my life that when I think about even I get confused o_O

We've had to give away our female Sasha due to aggression, Bash's health is getting worse, I've been sleeping almost all day, and I've been really busy x_x Life has been Hectic ._.

xD Anyway. I'm going to become more active again, and hopefully this site won't die, I love it allot Smile
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 6:23 am

Well Sharna, I did wonder where you had gone, sorry about your dogs, and hopefully things will even out for you!
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedFri Aug 01, 2008 4:05 pm

Thank you Rexandbaby! I hope it will, it'll just take time I guess. Smile
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_minipostedSat Aug 02, 2008 1:43 pm

Too bad about Bash's health and Sasha. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where did everyone go???   Where did everyone go??? Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Where did everyone go???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Off Topic Talk :: Off Topic-
Jump to: