Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brushing your dog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Brushing your dog Empty
PostSubject: Brushing your dog   Brushing your dog Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 10:19 am

I don't know if this has been brought up before, but I just got done brushing Rex and wondered who else has the problems I have.
I don't make a big deal about him having to stay still so, he likes to turn into the brush and I just deal. But, he hates his tail brushed, and his chest.
He doesn't bite but just wants to move away, and I have to hold his collar when I do those areas. I try to brush everyday, but do not do the tail and chest everyday so he seems fine with the grooming if I stay away from these areas.

How can I make it better for him? scratch
Back to top Go down
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

Brushing your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brushing your dog   Brushing your dog Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 12:11 pm

My dogs don't mind being brushed - but Sasha hates getting her nail trimmed. She used to yelp like I was murdering her when I tried to trim her nail. My husband had to "hug" her and hold her while I cut her nails.

She overcame it by lots of praise and special treats. For each nail I trimmed, I gave her a piece of cut up steak and lots of praise. She is now to a point that she tolerates it.

Good luck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Brushing your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brushing your dog   Brushing your dog Icon_minipostedTue Jul 01, 2008 2:29 pm

Cookie loves being brushed, but if she didn't I would:
Praise her when she was still and when the brushing was over reward her with a treat.
Hope that helps.
Cookies hates having her nails clipped too. affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Sponsored content

Brushing your dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brushing your dog   Brushing your dog Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Brushing your dog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: General Shepherd-