Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How to take a Good Photo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

How to take a Good Photo Empty
PostSubject: How to take a Good Photo   How to take a Good Photo Icon_minipostedWed Jun 04, 2008 12:47 pm

I noticed more and more people [on all different sites] are getting into Photography. I thought I would share a few simple tips to improving your pictures.

1. Watch the sun. He is your friend, use him to your advantage.

You don't want your pictures to have really bright backgrounds [overexposed- meaning some parts are so bright they are white] You also don't want your dogs coat to look washed out. Watch out for that glow around your dog, from too much sun light. You also don't want too many shadows on your dog. Tried to find an inbetween. You don't want a really bright dog and you don't want a really dark dog.

2. Photos don't always have to be taken straight on. Your subject doesn't have to right in the middle.

Get creative with your shots! Pictures taken with different perspectives can be fun! Try having the subject off to the side, or shoot from a different perspective. Below the dog, etc. Get creative.

3. When taking pictures of animals, it is ideal to be at eye level with them. You don't want to be above them.

4. If you are taking action shots, set your camera to the proper setting or adjust your shutter speed so you don't get blurry photos.

Those are just a few I thought might be helpful for those interested in Photography. There is SO much more to it [I had taken one class that lasted a few months and there were still three more before I could get my certificate...so you get the idea LOL ] but these basics will help you get a feel for it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: How to take a Good Photo   How to take a Good Photo Icon_minipostedSun Oct 12, 2008 11:13 pm

Thanks for the tips. I'm not sure why I didn't see this before.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: How to take a Good Photo   How to take a Good Photo Icon_minipostedWed Oct 15, 2008 8:52 pm

Hmmm ... very helpful tips, Ashley! I'm with Tiffany ... I have no clue why I didn't notice this posting before! Idea
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to take a Good Photo   How to take a Good Photo Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

How to take a Good Photo
Page 1 of 1