Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

My uncle is so stubborn....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

My uncle is so stubborn.... Empty
PostSubject: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 12:55 pm

According to my grandma, he's going to breed India in a year. India doesn't fit the breed standard and in no way could benefit the breed I explained to my grandma. My uncle's so stubborn. My grandma says that India could make a lot of good guard dogs. Well, so could my Cookiegirl, but she couldn't benefit the breed either.
Oh, what am I going to do with my uncle?
This is off topic, but my grandma says that the sheriff department here once wanted to breed Cookie with one of their police dogs. They didn't get their wish thank goodness though. Cookie had already been spayed at that time.
Uncle Joey, when will you ever care about the breed instead of greed?
Shocked Mad Sad Crying or Very sad Evil or Very Mad pale silent affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 3:23 pm

Not much you can do for Uncle, except witch at him! Some people just think that their way is the right or only way. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 3:27 pm

My mom doesn't want me to talk to him right now about it because he is going through tough times and is irritable. And instead of yelling at me for what I've been saying, he yells at my mom because I'm "disrespectful". I don't talk about it in a disrespectful way, although I don't really have much respect for him.
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedMon Apr 28, 2008 7:26 pm

You have to just do, what has to be done, you are young, and that is against you, but if you try, maybe, just maybe, if he could see how we feel, just, maybe, you could maybe fix it.
Back to top Go down
missyntc

missyntc

Number of posts : 238
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedWed Apr 30, 2008 8:50 am

How about can you contact a humane society or a rescue organization annonimously, to see if someone could contact your uncle? Just a thought - since he doesn't listen to a girl, maybe he will listen to a concerned adult. Maybe they can ask him to tour their facilities to see the poor dogs ended up there because of "breeding for profit".

Unless he is willing to guarantee the puppies 100% he is risking them ending up in shelters. He has to understand that each pup is a living creature not a merchandise to make money off of.

Unfortunately being unethical isn't a crime, and they can't intervene unless he is treating animals cruely. You can, however, start collecting evidences (like documenting how often he breeds his dog, or if he fail to vaccinate pups) becasue if he is in it for money, he would most likely overbreed and probably won't provide puppies with shots. If that happens they can legally intervene. It's rather drastic, but sometimes it takes something like that for a reality check.

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://missyntc.tripod.com/index.html
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedWed Apr 30, 2008 4:22 pm

He does do shots, but in India's last litter he gave him to the puppies at 3 weeks old. He's actually a pretty good dog owner, just not a good breeder.
India's last litter was unplanned (she was already pregnant when he got her), but before he found out he wanted to breed her anyway. I must say, I highly disadmire the rescue group that he got India from. They actually adopted her out while she was malnourished, and full of worms (including heartworms). I doubt that they even checked India for health problems when they found her. Being that my uncle already had it in mind to breed India, I doubt the "rescue group" even interviewed him like they should.
Just so you know to avoid this so-called rescue group, it call Florida German Shepherd Rescue and it's in Jacksonville, FL.
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_minipostedWed Apr 30, 2008 8:40 pm

Unfortunately, the world is full of people who think their way is the right way, or the only way, even when it seems obvious to those around them that it isn't. Your uncle will only get madder when you argue against what he wants to do 'cos he wants to do it and you are telling him he's wrong to do it. I'm not disagreeing with your opinion, but ... sometimes, the only thing we can do is to see what someone else is doing, try to understand why, and then use them as an example to ourselves of the type of behavior we don't want to exhibit when we grow up OR when we have the opportunity to make a different choice.

Sounds like your uncle is having an unhappy patch in his life right now, and anyone disagreeing with him is simply going to set him off and/or make him more determined to do what he's going to do. Many people are like that. I've watched people be persuaded to do something good for them that they felt nervous about doing by somebody else simply telling them they shouldn't do this thing. Pretty soon they were arguing that (By God!) they would, too, do it, so there!. You can sometimes make the opposite happen, too, by telling somebody they shouldn't do something, and they start thinking they have to do it just to show us we can't tell THEM what to do (By God!). People psychology is pretty strange.

Totally no help to you ... sorry. There are also people who shouldn't have animals OR kids, but there's no litmus test to tell which is which in advance and not enough laws to keep them from doing it.

My thoughts only ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My uncle is so stubborn....   My uncle is so stubborn.... Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

My uncle is so stubborn....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: General Shepherd-
Jump to: