Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)

Go down 
+2
rexandbaby
xOutFromUnder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xOutFromUnder

xOutFromUnder

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-03-31

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Empty
PostSubject: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedWed Apr 09, 2008 10:23 pm

As most of you know, I am a photographer and I'm currently attending art college to get my degree. I'm self taught in photography, and I started out by taking pictures of my black cat Sassy, who has since passed away (I found him when I was very young, so we are guessing he was atleast 16 when he died). Sassy was a wonderful model for the camera- he knew sit and stay, and other 'dog' commands which made it easy to photograph him. I have never been so close to any animal as him. I'm not a real fan of cats because Sassy was more like a dog, and when I'd meet other cats that weren't like him I thought that there was something wrong with them! lol! Anyway, Two months after he passed away Zero showed up as a stray (I think Sassy may have sent her my way Wink ) Zero and I have grown as close as Sassy and I were and I'm very glad that she came when she did. She filled a BIG void.

Anyway, I ended up talking WAY more than I thought I would! LOL. Zero has turned out to be a WONDERFUL model! She is such a beautiful dog and all of my best animal photographs are of her. So, I thought I would share my favotite ones! She's so good at posing too, she will stay at her pose, then she will hear the click of the lens and move a little to change her pose for me, I didn't teach her that!

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 1388802411_22a2d69fab

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2136935267_f661307927

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2181690153_dcecb55fbc

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2096877130_5f38615180

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2096863378_bd4220402a

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2137487670_75d259a433

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 1390069118_1f7c47f3c5

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2327648511_86059a628b

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) 2323392846_55cfd6dc1f

And, just for fun- Where my photography hobby and passion started, Here's my favorite pic of Sassy. I was just 12 when I took this (from a film camera too) :

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Sepiacopy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rachellaurenphotography
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 10:08 am

You are taking great pictures! Of course, Zero must somehow help you! LOL
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 11:19 am

Wonderfull photos... Such high quality. The subject is well framed in every image... Beautifful.

She looks an amazing dog. So noble. I love Sassy, great picture x3
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 2:03 pm

I self-taught myself to take good pictures too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedThu Apr 10, 2008 3:48 pm

wow those are amazing pics! Great job!! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
xOutFromUnder

xOutFromUnder

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedSun Apr 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Thanks everyone Smile
Spring is just around the corner, and I can't wait to get better pics of her then!
Back to top Go down
Dutch

Dutch

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedMon Apr 14, 2008 3:30 pm

They are all really good, you are very talented. Of course it helps to have such a beautiful model. My favorites are 2, 4, 5 and 8. Particularly 2, I could write an entire story about picture 2.

I wish you lived closer, I would gladly have paid you to take Dutch's portraits.
Back to top Go down
xOutFromUnder

xOutFromUnder

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_minipostedTue Apr 15, 2008 3:47 pm

Thank you very much!
The second photo was inspired by a wonderful book actually! You should check it out! It's called "Dogs" by Catherine Johnson and William Wegman, it's a photo collection of vintage photographs, it's very cool!

I would have loved to take photos of Dutch, I wish I could travel at this time!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)   Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!) Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Zero is the best dog model ever :D (Loads of pics!)
Page 1 of 1