Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Blank just had her first fit :(

Go down 
+2
Patti B.
GSDManiac
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Blank just had her first fit :( Empty
PostSubject: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 8:09 pm

It was scary. ;;

Last edited by GSDManiac on Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 9:12 pm

Omigosh ... how awful. I hope the vet can figure out the problem and help mitigate or solve it. Poor baby! Let us know what you find out, please!
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 10:08 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedMon Apr 07, 2008 10:53 pm

It took her 2 hours to recover fully Sad

I'll keep everyone updated... She's been pacing about everywhere checking to see if we're all still here Sad *Sigh* Poor girl. She gets all the problems x(
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 7:45 am

Well, blood taken this morning show all is well, white blood cells ok, liver, kidneys etc all ok, so whatever it is must be in her head.

He gave us some Phenobarbital... *Sigh* More drugs. This poor girl already has EPI, PRA, some moderate hearing loss and mild HD >(

All we can do now is wait to see if she has another one. Might never have another, might start regularly having them. Hope its the first option.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 12:34 pm

aww was it a seizure?
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 1:02 pm

Yeah =x
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 1:03 pm

oh Sharna, I am so very sorry! Will she be okay?
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 1:15 pm

I think with meds your dog will be fine, we had one like that years ago, and even back then, the meds worked great!
Back to top Go down
singingbabe26

singingbabe26

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 1:32 pm

Honey maybe epilepsy?

My cat Bon-Bon has that and with meds she is fine she does still have a few seizures but they are not as often anymore.

She should be fine. *hugs*

And things like flashing lights or stress or anything can cause it and sometimes it just happens for no reason at all.
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedTue Apr 08, 2008 2:41 pm

Thanks Amanda... I think so. She seems to be allot better today, actualy. She was playing with the others earlier Smile

Thanks for the reasureance, Rexandbaby! I love you

Ugh, I was realy hoping it wasn't epilepsy Sad But, i've been told by another person that their dog was having seizures, and it turned out to be a tumor o_o I'd rather epilepsy, over that...

Thanks guys, allot
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedSat May 03, 2008 1:40 pm

>.<

She had another one.

I wasn't there, she was out on a walk round the park with my mum and sister. They'd been out for about 45 mins on the way back when she just started for no reason (not that there is ever a reason), collapsed on the floor, sister took others home. Lasted about 2 to 3 mins this time, and took her longer to come round enough to get up and recognise mum.

Mum took her straight up to our vet for him to check her over, and apart from the cuts on her tounge (again) she was ok. He gave her a Rymidoll injection to calm her down, now we just have to wait and see what happens. Nothing more we can do untill she has another one.

Fingers crossed it will be in another month at least.

Stress could be a factor or it may have nothing to do with it. At the moment in trying to guess what has caused it, the first one she was asleep in front of telly compleatly relaxed, second one she was out for a walk compleatly happy nothing unusuall at all.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedSat May 03, 2008 1:44 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedSun May 04, 2008 11:11 am

Shocked Sad
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_minipostedMon May 05, 2008 2:52 pm

&hearts;

She had her third fit :/

It was last night, nobody saw this one. I woke up because she was pacing up and down at 1 am, blood and spit covered her bed, which gave it away. She bit her tongue again (Third time...), settled at 3 am so not much sleep last night.

So much for the month rule.

Collected some more Phenobarbitone from vet, don't really what to zonk her out but we'll try for two weeks and see how she goes, if no more fits we will see about reducing dosage.

Vet says it is probably most likely epilepsy...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blank just had her first fit :(   Blank just had her first fit :( Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Blank just had her first fit :(
Page 1 of 1