Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out

Go down 
+2
Patti B.
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Empty
PostSubject: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 6:08 pm

Sad Sad Sad I just got done watching oprah, about the puppy mills. It really touched me and I think we need to make a change in the way we think. It also made me think about dying. My name is Amanda and I am Gideon's owner. Gideon is like the best friend I never had and I just could not see myself with out him. A little off topic but I had to say that. Now back on topic. If you watched then you know what I am talking about when I say DONT BUY FROM A PET STORE, OR ON THE INTERNET! FIND A REPUTABLE BREEDER,OR ADOPT FROM A SHELTER. I have always been a big animal lover and thats why I post adoptable dogs on the internet hoping someone will be willing to give them a second chance. Sometimes you just feel lost in life, and need to be picked up, by something, someone, or anything. I am here to tell you that if you are going through that go to your local animal shelter and adopt an animal. You will be glad you did. There is a reason that they are called mans best friend. America need a change, and everyone, even if you are allegric to dogs can help. Donate to a shelter, adopt, volunteer, spay and neuter your pets. I just think.........................hmm, it's kinda hard to put into words. IDK, I just feel like we need to do something. Well thats all I could come up with right now!

Amanda
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 7:14 pm

Excellent sentiments, Amanda, and well said. I'm very glad Oprah has made this one of her crusades, as she reaches such an amazing number of people and they listen to her and believe her. This situation has been ongoing since I can remember, and probably before that. It is shameful the way some people treat animals and the way others look the other way when living creatures are abused.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
Idess

Idess

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 8:32 pm

I watched this too, and I am extremely happy with how the entire program was run. I've gotten a few pets from a rescue, and I must say that this one episode has made me want to continue rescuing pets. I have never trusted pet stores, because the puppy mill business is NOT new, it's been around for a looong time (as well as the known fact that most pet stores get their dogs from mills), but Im so glad it took someone well known like Oprah to tell the world.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 pm

yup guys!
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 9:23 pm

Great post, Amanda.

I am against puppy mills, of any sort. I think they are absolutley disgracefull. Bleh. Also, I reccomend adopting!

Hmm... Although you say don't purchase from the internet... There are actualy some very good breeders on the net, just getting their word across. Thats how we got in touch and found Luna and Mateic's breeders.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedFri Apr 04, 2008 9:29 pm

My feelings exactly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_minipostedSat Apr 05, 2008 2:25 pm

Rex came from a puppy mill, I couldn't turn away from him, but I made sure that my State looked into it, and finally got all the dogs out of there. It is now closed, and most of the dogs can be adopted. After the Humane society confiscated the dogs, another 400 or more pups were born to the already pregnant females.

Rex was only 12 weeks when I got him, and he was raised in a kennel run with his siblings and mother, so he didn't have some of the problems that can arise. But, he really needed socialization big time.
Of course, now at 3 years, things are looking great for him.
If I had bought from a reputable breeder, I would have actually spent less money, as he had guardia and other problems, that needed antibiotics. But, as you all know, I wouldn't trade him for the world. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out   I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

I really needed to say this, and I hope you will hear me out
Page 1 of 1