Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rolling Over

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 2:32 pm

How do I train Gideon to roll over? I have tried and he wont get on the ground and actually do it. I have to push him, and when i start to push him he gets frustrated, and gets up, and he is much stronger then I am. Any suggestions? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 2:37 pm

I taught Trav by accident. I told him to play dead, but he was being goofy and laying on his back with his legs in the air. So..I told him 'roll over' and sure enough he did it. I grabbed my clicker and treats and kept at it until he did it every time I asked.

However, you can try this with your boy.

Put him into a down. Get him to lay flat on his side. Lure with a treat [while applying the command] and get him to roll onto his other side. Reward. Keep doing that until he gets what you are asking.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 2:38 pm

Oh okay! Wow what would we do without you?
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 2:39 pm

Let me know how it works out! :]
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Ashley gives realy good advise Wink
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedMon Mar 24, 2008 2:51 pm

Cookie hates going on her back. The most I get her to do with that is make her lay on her side. Treader, he goes on his back all the time. I got to roll over using a treat one time, but now he won't do it at all. I think that he figured out what I was going, LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
sh9168

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedThu Apr 17, 2008 5:12 pm

A GSD on his back is in a submissive position. If you have a dominant dog, he (she) will not like to roll over and shouldnt be forced to.
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_minipostedThu Apr 17, 2008 5:26 pm

No, it's actually uncomfortable for her. Cookie is very, very submissive, not dominant. With people anyway. Other dogs is another story.
She will "roll over" submissively but not onto her back. She rolls onto her side.
By "she's doesn't like it" I mean that the times that I have manually put her straight on her back she had a pitiful look in her eyes and even whimpered a little.
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Sponsored content

Rolling Over Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rolling Over   Rolling Over Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Rolling Over
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: Training-
Jump to: