Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just wanted to see what yall

Go down 
+11
AnimalMommy
rexandbaby
TravisGSD
zoran
Patti B.
sheplovr
doitdoggystyle
Odysseus
iwantmypup
Missy
Admin
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Just wanted to see what yall Empty
PostSubject: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 11:43 am

thought about Panda gsd's? thats what a panda gsd is: http://www.pandashepherds.com/ Evil or Very Mad
personally i think they arent GSD's. They look nothing like them, they look ugly, and i wouldnt even look at one if they passed me on the street, well maybe in disguist!!

So what do you guys think? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 11:45 am

http://www.furrarikennels.com/

there is another website!
Back to top Go down
Missy

Missy

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 1:03 pm

I belive in breed standards and that they are made for a reason, GSD that do not meet breed standard should not be bred pruposly. You should not change a breed just because of personal prefernce, if you want a dog that does not meet standards then go to the pound, many loving dogs there that need homes that look very much like a Panda GSD
Back to top Go down
iwantmypup

iwantmypup

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 1:13 pm

Hi,

I think, that Panda GSD's are OKAY..BUT they should not call it a GSD anymore.
Same goes for White GSDs.

-Ali
Back to top Go down
http://www.pupchatforum.forumer.com
Missy

Missy

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedThu Jan 03, 2008 1:15 pm

very good point Ali, i agree that they the breed should be separated but in fact that is what white GSD breeders want anyway, hopefully they get what they desire and everybody is pleased with the decision
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSat Jan 05, 2008 11:27 am

I agree with both, Panda can be called hmmm... scratch

IDK
Back to top Go down
Odysseus

Odysseus

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-01-03

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSat Jan 05, 2008 9:09 pm

How about just Panda Shepherd... just take out the german...

scratch
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSun Jan 06, 2008 1:21 pm

hmm idk i think it should be the morons equivilant to a GSD!
Back to top Go down
doitdoggystyle

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedTue Jan 08, 2008 12:15 am

NOT even close to a gsd!!
Back to top Go down
sheplovr

sheplovr

Number of posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedTue Jan 08, 2008 11:50 am

Just follow the Shepherd Standard, why breed dogs with no papers? Regardless what they are, they are not German Shepherds. They derived from Germany and that will always be, these breeders trying to invent other colors in the same breed is just plain wrong.
Sorry, but just follow your standard and get papers and be proud, not freaks.!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.vomschreknhaus.com
Odysseus

Odysseus

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedTue Jan 08, 2008 1:46 pm

I don't understand why they would "try" to improve a breed that is so ideal in my eyes. However, it is not my way to judge. Especially when it is not something I am knowledgeable in and since breeding is definitely one of those things I can not answer why or why not.

I have a question and please no one get up in arms... I am just curious. It is my nature. Although I get the distinct feeling I am just like your pups hunting for the hornets' nest...Laughing

The purpose of dogs has changed with the times. Is it wrong to establish new breeds to fit these changing needs? If someone were to create a breed who is ideal for seeing-eye dog work, would that be wrong? If so how does it differ from the people who established the breeds we know and love today. I know there are several breeds who are well suited to the training for seeing-eye work but they were not bred to do seeing-eye work. They are breeds that just lend themselves well to adapting to seeing-eye work. Now I am NOT saying that something as aesthetic as coloration is worth creating a new breed for but I am curious if the creation of new breeds to fill the changing roles of dogs would be acceptable? What do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedTue Jan 08, 2008 9:42 pm

good thought Odysseus! I dont know, i just think you should breed to better the breed, not to have something you like!
Back to top Go down
Patti B.

Patti B.

Number of posts : 256
Registration date : 2008-01-04

PostSubject: Panda Shepherds   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedThu Jan 10, 2008 10:40 pm

What an interesting-looking dog. Did anybody read anything else about this animal? When flipping through the websites (And thanks for posting the websites, Amanda ... I'd never heard of a Panda Shepherd before.), someone had "documented" that this was some sort of color mutation that occurred naturally and then people bred for it. I don't know how any of that works (anybody remember those danged fruit flies back in H.S. biology class?), but it was interesting to read.

I've also read somewhere that the majority of the current dog breeds were developed in the last 150 years (I'm probably off on the number of years, but it was really not very many considering how long it takes to modify a species by selective breeding - kind of amazing.) and that the dogs were all originally bred for specific purposes ... herding, guard dog, lap dog, sit-on-my-feet (oh, WAIT ... that's just Cruiser!).

I dunno ... it seems to me that, just studying the Italian Greyhound over the last 7 years (I've got 3 of those.) that interpretation of the standard seems to vary depending on the eyes of the judge/breeder/owner/handler/casual owner. I find those ring-side conversations that folks coming out of the show ring, or sitting anxiously near the ring, don't realize someone else is hearing are quite intriguing. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/476604
zoran

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-01-11

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 pm

What nobody knows is "down south's" best kept little secret. The panda Shepherd has border collie infused in it. You will never hear this from the breeders of pandas, but you will hear it from previous friends that are no longer friends.

Panda Shepherds should be called pinto dogs as far as I'm concerned, they certainly don't meet the rquirements of a true German shepherd. Have to agree about being ugly, they look like clowns, and all because someone thought they could make some fast $$$$.
Back to top Go down
TravisGSD

TravisGSD

Number of posts : 129
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedFri Mar 07, 2008 7:28 pm

I have heard that they are trying to make this a completely separate breed. So in all reality, they aren't entirely claiming them to be German Shepherd Dogs. They WANT to completely separate from the GSD breed.
Back to top Go down
rexandbaby

rexandbaby

Number of posts : 537

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedFri Mar 07, 2008 9:34 pm

Sorry for those who want it, but they should be a seperate breed!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSat Mar 08, 2008 10:26 am

oh defiantely!
Back to top Go down
AnimalMommy

AnimalMommy

Number of posts : 149
Registration date : 2008-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 pm

I would get one. I actually like them. Cool
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedSun Mar 09, 2008 6:21 pm

They are AMAZINGLY cute. I wouldn't mind if they made it a new breed, but I don't think it should be a GSD
Back to top Go down
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedTue Mar 11, 2008 8:31 pm

They are shaped like GSDs, that's for sure. Neutral

They look more like one of the older type herding dogs to me. Surprised
And I agree! Make them a separate breed! Razz

I'm studying so that in the far future I can be a reputable breeder, and I have to agree, go with dogs that are as close to the standard as possible

(I won't breed GSDs though, but GSDs will always be a breed close to my heart. Partly because of Cookie. She is my first GSD. Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
dustygal

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 3:08 am

I dont have a problem with pedigree dogs being bred for a reason such as breeders who take genetics, pheno and genotype into consideration and other aspects that can benefit a new breed. i guess thats how they made the GSD too by mixing a few kind of dogs to make the breed and over the years the breed has developed etc... thus is the situation with all breeds that we have today.. that is fine.. by all means if a panda shepherd is a new breed then go for it BUT dont call it panda gsd etc.

but if it's just mongral or mutt breeding then forget it i'm all against that... including designer dogs
Back to top Go down
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedWed Mar 19, 2008 7:09 am

Ugh... Designer dogs are one of my big pet peeves xD

Pug x Beagle = Mutt. Not 'Puggle'
Back to top Go down
xOutFromUnder

xOutFromUnder

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-03-31

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_minipostedTue Apr 01, 2008 5:38 pm

I actually found out about this 'coloration' or whatever you'd like to call it a few weeks ago.

Yes, genetically they ARE purebred GSDs only with a mutation in the gene that causes the odd coloration, but I don't see why it is being embraced either -shrug-
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rachellaurenphotography
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just wanted to see what yall   Just wanted to see what yall Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Just wanted to see what yall
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Shepherds4Ever :: Shepherd Talk :: GSD Debates-
Jump to: