Shepherds4Ever
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cookie

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Questdriven
Admin
Admin
Questdriven

Number of posts : 730
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Cookie Empty
PostSubject: Cookie   Cookie Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 12:29 pm

Cookie's former owners (I'm using the term "owners" lightly here) kept her in the backyard with another German Shepherd who was aggressive. He probably wasn't socialized. Not socializing your dog is partly why so many dogs attack people. If dog owners don't socialize their dogs, their breed could end up being banned like Pit Bulls. pale Cookie used to be afraid of men, my dad thinks that she was abused. She also used to be dog aggressive. Probably because of that other GSD she was raised with as a puppy. I've been working with her and have made great progress. Once we get her past trying to run away when people look at her ears, and a couple of other issues she should be able to achieve CGC! cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.dogster.com/dogs/517115
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-01-01

Cookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookie   Cookie Icon_minipostedSat Mar 01, 2008 1:22 pm

Great post Cookie TN! Socialization is a huge part of a great dog. Gideon loves people, and other animals!! GREAT POST!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://shepherds4ever.forumotion.com
GSDManiac
Mod
Mod
GSDManiac

Number of posts : 893
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Cookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookie   Cookie Icon_minipostedThu Mar 13, 2008 5:26 pm

What a lovley story!

Yes, socialization is very important. All my dogs are taken to the park, and other places to meet new people and dogs. We make sure that when they are puppies, we only introduce them to dogs and people who will make sure they have a good experiance ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cookie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cookie   Cookie Icon_miniposted

Back to top Go down

Cookie
Page 1 of 1